Australia-Indonesia Institute Indonesian Studies Awards
The Australia-Indonesia Institute’s (AII) Indonesian Studies Awards recognises the achievements and contributions of Indonesian language teachers, researchers, and leaders in Indonesian cultural outreach in Australia.
Each award recipient will receive a certificate and cash prize of $1000.
There are three award categories:
- AII Language Teaching Award (up to three recipients per year): recognises excellence in Indonesian language teaching, at any level
- AII Studies and Cultural Leadership Award (up to three recipients per year): recognises excellence in study or research at any level and across any discipline, or in cultural education and outreach, which has contributed to an increased understanding of Indonesia among Australians
- AII Distinguished Service Award (one recipient per year): recognises dedicated service in Indonesian Studies or teaching and/or cultural education and outreach for more than 25 years, which has resulted in a substantial increase in Australians’ understanding of Indonesian language and culture.
The 2021 Indonesian Studies Award recipients will be announced at the annual National Australian Indonesian Language Awards (NAILA) Virtual Awards Ceremony in December.
How to nominate
You may self-nominate or nominate another person. All nominations will be considered against the same criteria.
If you are nominating another person, you should first seek their consent before requesting their resume and other supporting nomination documents.
All nominations must be supported by two references. If you are nominating someone else, you will be the first referee. You will also be responsible for securing the second reference in consultation with the nominee.
Nominations must include:
- A personal statement that briefly outlines why the nominee should be considered for the selected award category, and highlight any professional achievements, prior awards or career highlights relevant to the nomination. The statement should not exceed 400 words.
- Two reference letters from referees that are familiar with a nominee’s achievements, such as a supervisor, colleague, student or teacher. The references should not exceed 500 words each.
- A resume outlining a nominee’s relevant educational, professional and volunteer experiences, awards, achievements and/or grants in the field of Indonesian language teaching, research or studies. The resume should not exceed three (3) pages.
- Supporting evidence such as copies of nominee’s awards, proof of grants and/or funding gained in the field of Indonesian language teaching, research or studies.
- A completed nomination form:
Email your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 31 October 2021 AEDT.
The AII Indonesian Studies Awards selection panel includes representatives from the AII Board, a state chapter of Balai Bahasa, the Australia Indonesia Business Council, the National Australian Indonesian Language Awards (NAILA), and a representative from the Indonesian Studies sector.
Please forward all your queries to email@example.com.