Australia-Indonesia Senior Editors Program
The Australia-Indonesia Senior Editors Program aims to facilitate greater exchange and knowledge sharing between senior editors from Australia and Indonesia and to encourage analytical coverage of the other country through alternating in-depth visits.
The program generally runs for one week, and takes place in either Australia or Indonesia.
Activities generally include:
- meetings with government ministers, politicians and senior interlocutors
- site visits to educational, political and/or cultural institutions
- roundtable discussions with senior editors from the host country on national and international political, strategic and security issues.
The Australia-Indonesia Institute covers the cost of business class return travel from the participant’s state or territory capital, accommodation, meals and transport.
2020 Australia-Indonesia Senior Editors Program
In March 2020, the Australia-Indonesia Institute supported a group of senior editors from major Australian print and broadcast media organisations for a one-week visit to Indonesia.
The Australian participants were:
- Mr Greg Sheridan, Foreign Editor, The Australian
- Mr Paul Bailey, Editor, Australian Financial Review
- Mr James Chessell, Group Executive Editor, Sydney Morning Herald
- Ms Sunanda Creagh, Head of Digital Storytelling and NSW Bureau Chief, The Conversation
- Mr Christopher Dore, Editor in Chief, The Australian
- Mr Gavin Fang, Head of News Gathering, ABC News
- Mr Christopher Willis, Executive Editor, Sky News.