2022 Australia-Indonesia Institute Indonesian Studies Awards
The Australia-Indonesia Institute’s (AII) Indonesian Studies Awards recognise the achievements and contributions of Indonesian language teachers, researchers, and leaders in Indonesian cultural outreach in Australia.
Each award recipient will receive a certificate and cash prize of $1000.
There are three award categories:
- AII Language Teaching Award (up to three recipients per year): recognises excellence in Indonesian language teaching, at any level
- AII Studies and Cultural Leadership Award (up to three recipients per year): recognises excellence in study or research at any level and across any discipline, or in cultural education and outreach, which has contributed to an increased understanding of Indonesia among Australians
- AII Distinguished Service Award (one recipient per year): recognises dedicated service in Indonesian Studies or teaching and/or cultural education and outreach for more than 25 years, which has resulted in a substantial increase in Australians’ understanding of Indonesian language and culture.
The 2022 AII Indonesian Studies Award recipients will be announced at the annual National Australian Indonesian Language Awards (NAILA) ceremony in November.
2022 program is delivered by NAILA, an initiative of the Australia-Indonesia Youth Association (AIYA).
How to nominate
You may self-nominate or nominate another person. All nominations will be considered against the same criteria.
If you are nominating another person, you should first seek their consent before requesting their resume and other supporting nomination documents.
All nominations must be supported by two references. If you are nominating someone else, you will be the first referee. You will also be responsible for securing the second reference in consultation with the nominee. You should obtain consent from the referee to provide their details.
Nominations must include:
- A personal statement that briefly outlines why the nominee should be considered for the selected award category, and highlight any professional achievements, prior awards or career highlights relevant to the nomination. The statement should not exceed 400 words.
- Two reference letters from referees that are familiar with a nominee’s achievements, such as a supervisor, colleague, student or teacher. The references should not exceed 500 words each.
- A resume outlining a nominee’s relevant educational, professional and volunteer experiences, awards, achievements and/or grants in the field of Indonesian language teaching, research or studies. The resume should not exceed three (3) pages.
- Supporting evidence such as copies of nominee’s awards, proof of grants and/or funding gained in the field of Indonesian language teaching, research or studies; page summarising recent publications, or links to video works, websites or artistic collaborations to demonstrate culture leadership.
- A completed nomination form:
Send your nominations to email@example.com by OOB Monday 24 October 2022 (AEDT).
A selection panel will be responsible for assessing applications and making decisions in relation the granting of the AII Indonesian Studies Awards.
The selection panel includes representatives from the AII Board, a state chapter of Balai Bahasa, the Australia Indonesia Business Council, NAILA, and a representative from the Indonesian Studies sector.
Management of the application process and NAILA Awards ceremony
The department has engaged NAILA, the initiative of AIYA, to assist with managing the AII Indonesian Studies Awards application process and the NAILA ceremony.
Please forward all your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.