Grants and funding
Australia-Korea Foundation grant acquittal requirements
It is a condition of AKF grant funding that recipients fully acquit the funds received. Grant moneys should be acquitted within 28 days of the completion of a project through the submission of a completed Acquittal report including a financial statement of expenditure through SmartyGrants.
As part of the acquittal process, grant recipients need to indicate how the money spent can be linked back to the activities for which funding was originally requested. All unspent funds must be returned to the AKF.
Lower risk grants may have their financial statement of expenditure certified by an official from the organisation that received the grant. Higher risk grants should be certified by a qualified accountant. As a general rule, all grants greater than $50,000 should be certified by a qualified auditor. The cost of certification can be included in the grant funding provided.
Funding recipients are required to keep all receipts and records for five years and to make these available upon request.
The final written report must include:
- a description of the main activities undertaken;
- any quantitative or qualitative performance measures such as
- number of participants/audience spectators;
- number/value of ticket sales;
- details of media coverage;
- feedback from participants;
- an assessment of how the activities contributed to achieving the project's stated objectives;
- any difficulties encountered in implementing the project;
- any follow-up activities arising from the project; and
- at least one high-quality resolution digital photograph (3000 dpi) highlighting the project suitable for publication on the AKF website as well as copies of promotional materials or testimonials
The AKF may seek a verbal report from grant recipients at Board meetings in addition to the above grant acquittal requirements.
An interim report may be required where a project extends over more than six months.
All AKF acquittals are to be submitted online through the SmartyGrants system.