Council on Australia Latin America Relations (COALAR) Grant Round 2022-23
The 2022-2023 COALAR grant round will open late May 2022 for an eight-week period and for projects starting 1 March 2023. Further details and the funding guidelines will be published here in late May.
For the upcoming 2022-2023 grant round. Projects that align with the theme of economic, social and environmental sustainability, across COALAR’s priority areas of business, education, tourism and cultural promotion are strongly encouraged. This theme seeks to encourage Latin America-Australia connections that create, implement and communicate innovative and diverse approaches with this theme.
In addition the objectives of the COALAR 2022-2023 grant program with which outcomes should be aligned are:
- enhanced and strengthened links between Australia and Latin America in the priority areas of business, education, sustainability, tourism and cultural promotion
- a closer engagement between corporate Australia and with Latin America
- an increased awareness and understanding of Australia in Latin America, and of Latin America in Australia.
Applications are also required to align with one or more of COALAR’s Strategic Plan 2020-2023 strategies. These are:
- developing relationships with relevant stakeholders in Australia and Latin America to develop strategic collaboration and engagement opportunities
- promoting and supporting economic diplomacy projects and activities that facilitate and grow new business opportunities
- support strategic two-way visits of Australia’s and Latin America’s leaders and influencers
- using activities, programs, awards and networks to promote Australia and Latin America as dynamic and diverse societies
- encouraging innovative approaches to strengthen links in priority areas (business, education, sustainability, tourism and cultural promotion) such as technology and new capabilities
- increasing COALAR’s online and social media presence to support connections between Australia and Latin America.
The 2022-2023 grant round will be for projects that can be conducted between 1 March 2023 and 29 February 2024.
Eligible countries include Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, México, Panamá, Paraguay, Perú and Uruguay.