Niue is a self-governing country in free association with New Zealand. A coral island of 260 square kilometres, Niue is located about 480 kilometres east of Tonga and 560 kilometres south-east of Samoa.
Economic and trade information
- Niue country brief
- Niue country/economic fact sheet [PDF]
- Niue aid fact sheet [PDF 308 KB]
- Australia Pacific Islands Business Council
- Before you travel, visit smartraveller.gov.au
- Australian Passports Office
- Visa information
Heads of Government
Embassies and consulates
- Australia established its High Commission in Alofi on 26 August 2020 (AEST).
- Niue’s High Commission in Wellington has non-resident accreditation to Australia.
Contact details for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
New Zealand, Polynesia and Micronesia Branch
RG Casey Building
John McEwen Crescent
BARTON ACT 0221
Phone: +61 2 6261 1111
Fax: +61 2 6261 2332