Australia has had diplomatic relations with Myanmar since 1952. Myanmar, one of the poorest countries in the region, is undergoing a period of upheaval following the deposition on 1 February 2021 of the democratically elected government.
Australia has been a steadfast supporter of Myanmar’s transition to democracy and a market-led economy. This is underpinned by Australia’s development assistance.
- Myanmar country brief
- Myanmar country/economy fact sheet [PDF]
- Australia's development assistance to Myanmar
- Myanmar travel information
- Myanmar sanctions
- Myanmar-Australia trade is covered by the ASEAN - ANZ Free Trade Agreement
- Myanmar Australia Awards
- Myanmar Heads of Government information
- Australian Embassy in Yangon
- Embassy of Myanmar in Australia