Timor-Leste: Comfortable, Safe and Proud
A Mixed Method Study of Value Exchanges, Behavioural Determinants, Market Segmentation and Case Studies on Sanitation and Hygiene in Bobonaro, Timor Leste
Summary of publication
This study aims to assess the current and potential market for sanitation and hygiene products, services and behaviours in rural areas of Bobonaro Municipality, including:
- Assess the value chain for private sector products and services;
- Assess behavioural determinants affecting household demand for sanitation improvements;
- Produce recommendations to strengthen community access to sanitation and hygiene improvements;
- Produce data to enable the development of a hygienic status brand marketing strategy, including brand platform and 4Ps - product, price, place and promotion.
- Assess capacity and willingness of the private sector to participate in a voucher scheme.
- Understand how and why people including people with disabilities (PWS) currently access, use and practice sanitation products, services and behaviours, including building toilets and handwashing stations.