The Office of Development Effectiveness
Independent Evaluation Committee Communiqué, 30 April 2019
- The Office of Development Effectiveness (ODE) updated the Committee on the status of evaluations considered by the IEC out of session since the last meeting, and noted the outcome of the 2018 Aid Evaluation Plan. Forty-five evaluations had been published in the 2018 calendar year, including five by the ODE.
- The Committee noted the status of current evaluations/work:
- Multilateral program evaluation
- Ending violence against women and girls evaluation
- Pacific infrastructure evaluation
- Pacific health programs evaluation
- Conflict evaluation
- Teacher development evaluation
- TVET meta-evaluation
- The Committee noted ODE's update on performance and quality analysis work and provided advice on ODE's policy, outreach and advisory support.
- ODE noted this was Mr Jim Adams' last meeting as Chair of the IEC and recognised his contribution to the IEC over the last seven years.
- The Committee agreed that the next meeting of the IEC will be held once a new Chair has been appointed.