The Office of Development Effectiveness
Independent Evaluation Committee Communiqué, 19 April 2016
The Committee noted the 'out of session' approvals and recent ODE publications.
- The Committee endorsed future meeting dates for the IEC (Tuesday 30 August 2016, and Tuesday 6 December 2016).
- The Committee noted an update on ODE provided by A/g Assistant Secretary.
- The Committee endorsed the final report on the review of the annual program performance reviews (APPRs).
- The Committee noted the process and outcomes of the ODE/IEC contribution to the Performance of Australian Aid (PAA) report.
- The Committee discussed an options paper concerning ODE's new evaluation policy.
- The Committee endorsed the draft report of the review of operational Evaluations.
- The Committee endorsed the draft report on Australia-Secretariat of the Pacific Community Partnership evaluation with minor suggestions for improvement.
- Committee noted the status on the evaluation of 'the University of South Pacific evaluation' - Terms of Reference.
- The Committee endorsed the concept note for 'Electoral systems strengthening' evaluation with minor suggestions for improvement.
- The Committee discussed and noted the status of the following current evaluations:
- Trade Facilitation
- Tropical Cyclone Pam
- Disability inclusive development
- 2015 spot-check of Aid Quality Checks
- Eastern Indonesia National Roads Improvement Program
- Teacher Development
- Combatting pandemics and emerging infectious diseases
- The Committee proposed that ODE convene short teleconferences with members on out-of-session papers in the future.
- The next meeting of the Independent Evaluation Committee will be held on Tuesday 30 August 2016.