Australia-PNG Economic Development Partnership
The Expression of Interest (EOI) first-step closed on 13 May 2021. Only shortlisted organisations will be invited to participate in the Request for Tender (RFT) second-step.
The following six (6) organisations have been shortlisted: Abt Associates; Cardno Emerging Markets; KPMG; Palladium International; PricewaterhouseCoopers; and Tetra Tech International Development.
In accordance with the EOI on Page 4, Teaming Arrangements. To facilitate teaming arrangements, DFAT will post on the DFAT business notifications webpage, a list of organisations that have expressed an interest in working with other organisations. It will be the responsibility of organisations to establish and manage any relationship that is subsequently formed.
Shortlisted Organisations interested in teaming
- Contact person: Paul Green, Partner
- Phone number: +61 3 6230 4053
- Emails: email@example.com and AU-FMFedGov@kpmg.com.au
- Website: https://home.kpmg/au/en/home.html
Palladium International Pty Ltd
- Contact person: Alwyn Chilver, Director Economic Growth
- Phone number: +61 (07) 3025 8500
- Emails: Alwyn.Chilver@thepalladiumgroup.com and Mona.Khademazad@thepalladiumgroup.com
Other Organisations interested in teaming
College of Asia and the Pacific, The Australian National University (ANU)
- Contact Officer: Jo Haslam, Manager, Strategic Partnerships
- Phone: 0412 292 041
- Email: Jo.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: College Asia and the Pacific, ANU
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Contact officer: Matt O’Donnell
- Phone: +61 2 6263 7166
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Deloitte
Ernst and Young
- Contact person: Dean Yates, Partner
- Phone number: +61 3 9288 8530
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ey.com
Oxford Policy Management Australia Pty Limited
- Contact Officer: Rebecca Lannin, Country Director
- Phone: +61 (0) 2 6198 3357 +61 (0) 4 2620 3605
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Oxford Policy Management
- Contact officer: Brendan Gilmore, Technical Director
- Phone: +44 7787 049 759
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Planet Partnerships
Australia is committed to stepped-up engagement for a more resilient Pacific. A stable, prosperous, peaceful and resilient PNG is critical to Australia's interests. We are PNG's largest development partner; its main partner on economic and security issues; and its most active supporter in helping it respond to the COVID-19 crisis.
The proposed new economic development partnership (the Partnership) will be the main vehicle and coordination point from which Australia will deliver our economic development aid to PNG. It will deliver assistance through five pillars: Macroeconomic Management; Public Financial and Revenue Management Systems; Economic Enabling Environment; Focal Areas (Agriculture and Resources); and Economic Research and Dialogue. The new Facility underpins Australia's efforts to create a stable and prosperous PNG.
Our economic assistance will help PNG better convert its natural endowments into sustained broad-based growth and create a more diversified economy, a goal in Australia's 2017 Foreign Policy White Paper. The new Facility will also implement the PNG-Australia Comprehensive Strategic Economic Partnership (CSEP) which has objectives to support macroeconomic and fiscal reforms, strengthen financial management, assist small and medium-sized enterprises and promote women's economic empowerment.
A contract for services under the Partnership is expected to be in place in the fourth quarter of 2021.
Draft Investment concept note for the Australia-PNG Economic Development Partnership [DOCX 166 KB]
Draft Investment concept note for the Australia-PNG Economic Development Partnership [PDF 426 KB]
This information is provided for planning purposes only and it does not represent solicitation or constitute a request for proposal, nor is it a commitment to tender for any services. The scale, scope and focus of any proposed program may change at any time and is subject to formal approval before any procurement process will commence. Should a procurement commence, implementation is expected to commence in early 2021. This information is subject to delays, revision or cancellations.
If you have any questions about this business opportunity, please email the tender mailbox at: tender-APNGEcoDev@dfat.gov.au.