Guidance for Australian business
Provides guidance for Australian businesses seeking to take advantage of the opportunities created by the Chile-Australia Free Trade Agreement, including greater market access and reduced import tariffs in Chile.
- Doing business in Chile
- Full text of the Australia-Chile FTA
- Schedule of Chilean tariff commitments
- Rules of Origin schedule
For more information on doing business in Chile and about specific export opportunities, visit the Australian Trade Commission's (Austrade) website. As well as country-specific information, the Austrade website also has a database that can be searched by industry.
A key Chilean implementing agency for the FTA is the General Directorate of International Economic Affairs in the Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (known as DIRECON). Information from DIRECON on the Australia-Chile FTA.
Australian exporters seeking to access new opportunities under the Australia-Chile FTA may wish to obtain more information on rules of origin and other requirements from the Australian Border Force.
If you have questions about detailed tariff outcomes, ongoing negotiations or how to obtain Rules of Origin certifications, contact DFAT.
- Latin America and Caribbean Section
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- E: ChileFTA@dfat.gov.au
- Background to the Australia-Chile Free Trade Agreement
- Summary of key obligations
- Further information (in Spanish) on the implementation of the FTA is available from Chile's National Customs Service.
- How free trade agreements benefit Australian businesses
- Rules of Procedure