Australia Vanuatu Bilateral Security Agreement
Summary of publication
The Government of Australia and the Government of the Republic of Vanuatu are:
- committed to maintaining and strengthening their long-standing, close and friendly relations;
- reaffirming the Biketawa Declaration of 28 October 2000 and the Boe Declaration on Regional Security of 5 September 2018, and the broad concept of security expressed in them;
- recognising that challenges to the security of one Party can affect the security of the other Party due to their proximity and close bilateral ties;
- desiring to strengthen cooperation on matters of mutual interest, to promote regional stability and security and to uphold the rules-based international order;
- reaffirming the Parties’ respective obligations and commitments under international law, including under the Charter of the United Nations.