The Council for Australian-Arab Relations (CAAR) 2020-21 Grant Round is now closed
- Opening date:
- 09:00 (AEDT) Friday, 31 January 2020
- Closing date:
- 14:00 (AEDT) Monday, 16 March 2020
- Applicants notified:
- August 2020
The Council for Australian-Arab Relations (CAAR) supports projects that enhance Australia's economic, cultural and social relations with the Arab world. Applicants should carefully read the 2020-21 Grant Guidelines before submitting the application.
Successful CAAR projects have clear outcomes with benefits leading to greater mutual understanding and cooperation between Australia and the Arab world, on an individual or institutional level. The CAAR’s focus on assisting the initiation of activities should prove to be self-sustaining.
The 2020-21 priority sectors are:
- Education and Sports
- Gender Equality
Applications which do not fall within the 2020-21 priority sectors may instead apply under one of the four Flagship Programs:
- CAAR Speakers
- CAAR Visitors
- CAAR Exchanges
- Women in Leadership
Grant funding will be decided according to the merits of the proposal.
- Funding is between AUD $10,000 per grant, and up to a maximum of AUD $40,000.
- Projects will need to start between 1 September 2020 and 30 June 2021 and finish within 12 months of starting.
- CAAR encourages applicants to seek additional funding for their project from other sources.
- The project will acknowledge CAAR funding. Publications, electronic media and publicly performed activities associated with the project should carry the CAAR logo, subject to agreement with CAAR.
- Invites to the CAAR Board members for key events associated with the project are highly desirable.
- Grantees are expected to appropriately advertise CAAR events, including through social media, and provide regular updates (i.e. photographs, short videos) to the CAAR to enable promotion of the project via the CAAR Facebook page and Twitter.