Appointment of Australia-India Council Board Members
The Minister for Foreign Affairs has announced four appointments to the Board of the Australia-India Council.
Australia-India Council Grants Program
AIC 2020-21 grant round postponed.
Developing a Digital STEM Professional Learning Platform for Indian Teachers
This project will design and implement a digital professional learning program to develop Indian primary teachers’ pedagogical content knowledge.
The Australia-India Council (AIC) was established on 21 May 1992 in response to a recommendation by the Senate Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade, following an inquiry into Australia's relations with India.
The AIC's mission is to advance Australia's foreign and trade policy interests by building awareness and understanding between the peoples and institutions of Australia and India (Order Constituting the Australia-India Council, 6 May 2010).
AIC objectives are to:
- Raise awareness of Australia in India, and India in Australia, to grow bilateral relations, including trade and investment.
- Promote collaboration between Australian and Indian organisations in fields of relevance to the strategic partnership.
- Facilitate high quality programs demonstrating Australia's economic credentials to influential Indian audiences.
- Mobilise community involvement and private sector support for the AIC’s efforts and the bilateral relationship broadly.
To achieve these objectives, the AIC gives priority to projects that:
- support the recommendations of the India Economic Strategy, an ambitious plan to transform Australia’s economic partnership with India out to 2035, including the 10 economic sectors and 10 priority Indian states identified;
- establish innovative, dynamic and sustainable linkages between Australia and India and improve perceptions in both countries;
- harness the leadership of Australia’s Indian diaspora, alumni groups, and Australian expatriates in India to strengthen people-to-people and business links.
Information, resources and training opportunities for Australian organisations: Doing business in India - Asialink Business
An India Economic Strategy to 2035: A report to the Australian Government by Mr Peter N Varghese AO