Vanuatu Women's Centre – Program Progress Report 4
Summary of publication
This report provides a summary of program progress for the whole of year 3, and for the first 5 months of year 4 from July to November 2015. It also updates the future program of the Vanuatu Women's Centre (VWC) from December 2015 to June 2016 of year 4 when this phase of funding ceases.
The following is a summary of progress towards outcomes and targets:
- During year 3 from July 2014 to June 2015, 4594 counselling sessions were provided to clients by the VWC Network (VWC, Branches and CAVAWs): 97% were with women, 3% with girls and 0.3% with boys. This includes 1667 new clients and 2927 repeat counselling sessions. In addition 3507 people requested information over year 3, including 3% from girls and 3% from boys.
- In the first 5 months of year 4 from July to December 2015, there were 2296 counselling sessions, including 577 new clients and 1717 follow-up counselling sessions; and a further 484 women, men, boys and girls requested information.
- This gives a total of 8101 people assisted directly with counselling and information in year 3 and 2,776 assisted in year 4 to date.
- Of these, 369 women and their accompanying children were assisted to access justice in year 3, and 203 for the first 5 months of year 3.
- The VWC Network assisted 280 women to obtain FPOs in year 1, 369 in year 2, 617 in year 3, and 247 from July to November of year 4.
- Legal assistance by VWC's Lawyers was provided to 147 women in year 3, and 197 from July to November 2015. In addition, 200 women were assisted with court and medical fees to progress their cases in year 3, and a further 100 in year 4 to date.
- For year 3, there were 29,430 participants in community awareness sessions, including those who attended more than one session: 10,646 women (36%), 6625 girls (23%), 6346 men (22%) and 5813 boys (20%). For year 4, there were 3050 participants to date: 1279 women, 562 girls, 766 men and 443 boys.