Vanuatu Women's Centre: Phase 7 progress report 1 (July to November 2016)
Summary of publication
This report provides a summary of program progress for the first 5 months of this phase from July 2016 to November 2016, and revised plans for the remainder of year 1. It also updates data for phase 6 that was included in the Activity Completion Report.
The following is a summary of progress towards outcomes and targets:
- The VWC provided 2,497 counselling sessions including 671 new clients and 1,826 report counselling sessions, not including CAVAW counselling.
- Of 2497 counselling sessions, 2413 were with women over 18 years, 81 with girls and 3 with boys under 18.
- 195 were assisted the client support fund including 13 with safe house services.
- 251 clients were assisted to report either domestic violence or sexual assault to the police, including 237 women, 13 girls and 1 boy. Most of these (96%) were for domestic violence cases. New clients made up 68% of these cases: the remaining of 32% were repeat clients.
- 318 clients were assisted to get Family Protection Orders(FPOs).