Samoa School Fees Grant Scheme (SSFGS) End of Programme Evaluation
Summary of publication
The document outlines the findings, lessons learned and recommendations from the final evaluation of the Samoa School Fees Grant Program 2010-2015. The scheme was a SAT$12.5 million, five year program jointly funded by the Governments of Australia, New Zealand and Samoa. Australia contributed A$9.4million towards the program. The intended outcomes of the program were to ensure that:
- financial barriers to primary school education were removed;
- all Samoan children achieved higher learning outcomes;
- all Samoan primary schools were able to offer a quality education;
- all Samoan children completed a full cycle of primary schooling; and
- goals were met in an efficient and cost effective manner.