Independent Review of Supply Side Organisations and Government Intermediaries: Think Pieces
Summary of publication
This synthesis is based on a series of think pieces commissioned and offered by researchers and practitioners working across five continents. It includes the following pieces:
- GoranBuldioski–lessons from the Think Tank Fund in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union on core and institutional support for organisational development
- Hans Gutbrod–lessons from Eastern Europe on the need for reliable data and the opportunity this presents for think tanks
- Ajoy Datta–lessons from a long term organisational development project in Vietnam
- Stephen Yeo–lessons from economic policy research institutes in Sub-Saharan Africa and the challenge to develop local policy research capacity
- A Policy Analyst working in the Select Committee Office in the UK Parliament provides a discussion of the challenges faced by a public think tank working with and across all political parties in the UK.
The synthesis is structured in two main sections: a) context-related challenges; and b) some practical advice based on the think pieces that an effort such as the Knowledge Sector Initiative could take into account.