2017-18 Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP) Performance Snapshot
Summary of publication
The Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP) performance snapshot for 2017-18 (formerly known as the Aid Program Performance Report – APPR) assesses the ANCP progress in achieving its objectives, highlights major milestones and reforms over the 2017-18 financial year, and priorities on which to focus future work. Accreditation, monitoring visits, annual reporting and Partner Performance Assessments (PPAs) confirm that ANCP NGOs are delivering effective programs and have monitoring and evaluation processes to demonstrate the effectiveness and value for money of their programs.
Key findings of this report include:
- 18.2 million people's lives were improved through 57 ANCP NGOs working with 1,820 partners to implement 455 projects in 54 countries;
- Program quality was maintained with 12 accreditation reviews completed (focused on up-front risk management) and projects from 30 ANCP NGOs in 14 countries monitored through visits by Canberra and posted staff;
- The ANCP's approach to matching community grants and encouraging multi-funded programs resulted in 106 projects (24 per cent) leveraging funding from other sources to the value of $27.9 million;
- A review of accreditation criteria was completed to ensure accreditation meets current and future risk parameters and streamline the process where possible; and
- Completion of a data systems validation review which found there is a relatively robust level of rigour generated by the program.