Basic Education Quality and Access in Lao PDR program Phase 2 (BEQUAL Phase 2) update: teaming arrangements
The request for Expression of Interest for Basic Education Quality and Access in Lao PDR program Phase 2 (BEQUAL Phase 2) has now been released on Monday 23 March 2021 on AusTender: AusTender ATM ID: DFAT-327.
DFAT has a requirement for a contractor to facilitate and build on the progress of BEQUAL Phase 1. This requirement is aligned with the Partnerships for Recovery Strategy and supporting Laos' long-term recovery from the impacts of COVID-19 and is scheduled to last until 30 June 2030, including four years option periods.
BEQUAL Phase 2 aims to contribute to improving learning outcomes of more girls and boys of primary school-age, particularly those experiencing disadvantage, in Lao PDR with two long term (8 years) End of Program Outcomes (EOPO):
- Improved teaching practices: Teachers better facilitate primary students learning.
- Improved teaching content and pedagogy: Teachers use new primary curriculum and pedagogy.
The program has three preliminary Intermediate (four years) Outcomes (IOs):
- Teachers professional competencies: Primary teachers have improved knowledge and skills.
- Support and management of teachers: Primary teachers have increased motivation and opportunities for improving their practice.
- Primary curriculum and pedagogy: Improved primary curriculum and pedagogy are implemented.
Shortlisted organisations through the EOI process will be invited to join a series of consultations during the design of Phase 2. A Request for Tender is expected to be issued in May to June 2021 and open to the successful shortlisted organisations.
In accordance with clause 6 - How the Process will work, Teaming Arrangements on page 3 of the EOI document, the following list of organisations have expressed an interest in having their contact details shared on this business opportunities page prior to the EOI closing.
The University of Queensland
- Contact person: Joel Bird, Senior Development Coordinator
- Phone number: +61 7 3346 7927
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: The University of Queensland, Australia (uq.edu.au)
Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership Limited
- Contact person: Melanie Palmer, Executive Officer
- Phone number: 0402 741 850
- Email: Melanie.email@example.com
- Website: www.aitsl.edu.au
ChildFund Australia Pty Ltd
- Contact person: Asphand Malik
- Phone number: +61 2 8281 3120
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.childfund.org.au
The Fred Hollows Foundation
- Contact person: Casey McCowan, Senior Grant Development Advisor
- Phone number: 0410 363 110
- Email: Cmccowan@hollows.org
- Website: www.hollows.org
Cognition Education Australia Group Pty Ltd
- Contact person: Sean Ryan
- Phone number: +61 438840704
- Email: SRyan@cognitioneducation.com
- Website: https://www.cognitioneducation.com/
- Contact person: Associate Director
- Phone number: +673 718 0865
- Email: John.Tully@deliveryassociates.com
- Website: www.deliveryassociates.com
- Contact person: Stephen McDonald
- Phone number: +61461458700006
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.inclusuveducation.com
- Contact person: Bernard Harper
- Phone number: 02 9279 2960
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.netreturn.net.au
Plan International Australia
- Contact person: David Michael Husy, Programs Director
- Phone number: +61 401445605
- Email: Dave.email@example.com
- Website: https://www.plan.org.au/
Save the Children Australia
- Contact person: Mathew Tinkler
- Phone number: +614 3859 5049
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.savethechildren.org.au
- Contact person: Hugues Temple-Boyer
- Phone number: + 331 41 27 95 95
- Email: Education@sofreco.com / HTB@sofreco.com
- Website: www.sofreco.com
World Vision Australia
- Contact person: Emma Pankhurst / Grants Acquisition and Design Specialist
- Phone number: +61 431 141 727
- Email: Emma.email@example.com
- Website: www.worldvision.com.au
28 April 2021