New Colombo Plan Scholarships Round open
The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian Government, which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting young Australians to study and undertake Internships in the region.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program ('the Scholarship Program') objectives in 2019 are to:
- provide up to 120 prestigious and highly-competitive Scholarships
- support more study experiences in a broad range of Indo-Pacific locations
- encourage New Colombo Plan students to undertake longer term study, language study and an Internship and/or Mentorship
- engage New Colombo Plan students, universities and other stakeholders in public diplomacy and outreach, and
- continue to develop an active alumni community for participants to share their experiences, promote the New Colombo Plan and continue to develop knowledge of and professional links with the Indo-Pacific region.
To be eligible, applicants for a New Colombo Plan Scholarship must:
- be nominated by their Home University
- be an Australian citizen. Applicants cannot undertake their Scholarship in a Host Location in which they hold dual citizenship or permanent residency; or in which they have previously been a citizen or permanent resident
- be enrolled in units at an on-shore campus of an Australian University during the application process
- be between 18 and 28 years of age (inclusive) on 1 January 2019
- be undertaking at least one Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree when the Scholarship Program commences
- have achieved a minimum 70 per cent graded average or equivalent for their undergraduate course at the time of application, as determined by the nominating Home University
- not be a previous recipient of a New Colombo Plan Scholarship.
Successful applicants are not allowed to commence another Australian Government funded off-shore Scholarship Program or mobility grant (including a New Colombo Plan Mobility Program grant) while undertaking their New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program.