(UPDATED) Update on DFAT’s aid procurement pipeline 2017-18
It is DFAT's intention to give the market sufficient information as early as possible to tender for DFAT aid opportunities. Typically this is done by posting pre tender information on DFAT's website before formal release of the tender via AusTender.
DFAT also provides status updates of current tender processes.
Elsewhere on DFAT's website there will be opportunities for grant projects. Currently there are three such opportunities:
DFAT's Annual Procurement Plan is also listed on AusTender.
The purpose of this update is to inform the market of likely RFT releases and closings in and around the 2017 Christmas holidays.
DFAT is always looking to enhance the way it does business with its partners. The Doing Business with DFAT Guide describes DFAT procurement, outlines how to pursue business opportunities, and offers hints and tips on tendering for DFAT procurements. DFAT is or has presented at the following events to explain how it does business with partners.
- Austrade's International Aid Business Opportunities Seminars, Adelaide Monday 9 October, Melbourne Wednesday 11 October, Sydney Friday 13 October 2017
- Doing business with DFAT, Melbourne, 30 October 2017
- DFAT's AID Supplier Conference, Canberra, 15 February 2018
Procurement pipeline 2017-18
All planned procurements are subject to revision, withdrawal or cancellation. Information about planned procurements is provided for planning purposes only and it does not represent a solicitation or constitute a request for proposal, nor is it a commitment by the Government to purchase the described goods or services. All planned procurements are subject to Australian and partner government policy and approvals processes. A revised update will be provided to the market at the end of October 2017.
DFAT would like to draw the market's intention to the following dates:
- Monday 20 November 2017 – indicative last date for RFT release in 2017
- Monday 29 January 2018 – indicative first date for RFT releases in 2018
It is DFAT's intention that as few tenders as possible will be open over the Christmas break. If a tender is open over the Christmas break it is DFAT's intention that potential tenderers will be given sufficient time before and after Christmas to source and propose an effective team (if required in the tender) and broader tender response.
DFAT will likely release the following RFT's in 2017, however please note that some tenders may be delayed until 2018, and likewise, some tenders currently planned for 2018 may be brought forward to 2017. It is DFAT's intention to provide advanced information to the market for all possible tenders. Accordingly, for possible tenders below that do not yet have further information, it is DFAT's intention to publish information as early as possible ahead of any actual tender release.
- (tendered) DFAT 143, ANGAU Construction
- (tendered) DFAT 32, Papua New Guinea Quality and Technical Advisory Group
- (tendered) DFAT 10, Australia Indonesia Economic Cooperation Partnership
- (tendered) DFAT 200, Labour Mobility Facility (tendered)
- (tendered) DFAT 162, Australia Pacific Training Coalition
- DFAT 164, Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund
- DFAT 163, Pacific Climate Support Unit
- DFAT 181, Sports Program
- DFAT 201, Australia Awards Support Unit (in Australia)
- DFAT 168, Pacific Horticultural and Agricultural Market Access (PHAMA)
- Papua New Guinea Transport Sector Support Program
DFAT will likely release the following RFT's early in 2018. Note this is not an exhaustive list of tenders planned in 2018, but a list of those most likely to come early in 2018:
- DFAT 175, Cambodia Australia Awards
- DFAT 166, Cambodia ACCESS
- DFAT 112, Papua New Guinea Economic and Social Infrastructure Program
- DFAT 114, Papua New Guinea Administration and Analytical Services
- DFAT 83, Aus4Water
- DFAT 88, Philippines Public Financial Management Program
- DFAT 187, AIP-Rural Phase II
- Vanuatu Health Program
- Vanuatu Infrastructure Program
- Vanuatu Education Program
- Sri Lanka Governance for Growth Program
- Combatting Human Trafficking in ASEAN Program