Australia-India ECTA Side Letters - Trade and Production of Wine - India to Australia
Download print version
H.E. Dan Tehan
Former Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment of Australia
Government of Australia
In connection with the signing of the India-Australia Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (“the Agreement”) between the Government of Australia and the Government of the Republic of India (“the Parties”), and your letter of this date, which reads:
“In connection with the signing of the Australia-India Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (“the Agreement”), I have the honour to confirm the following understandings reached between the Government of Australia and the Government of the Republic of India (“the Parties”) on the trade and production of wine:
- The Parties may undertake cooperation activities, and encourage industry to also do so, through, inter alia:
- dialogue, technical consultations, and collaborative projects;
- the exchange of information;
- the sharing of best practices on policies and procedures; and
- the provision of technical assistance and capacity building and strengthening bilateral cooperation on the trade in wine.
- The Parties shall strengthen bilateral cooperation on the trade of wine, including, inter alia, customs procedures and regulatory requirements, certification, and testing procedures and requirements.
- Each Party shall endeavour to assess the other Party’s laws, regulations and requirements in respect of oenological practices with the aim of reaching agreements that provide for each Party’s acceptance of the other Party’s mechanisms for regulating oenological practices, if appropriate.
- The Parties hereby establish a Joint Dialogue on Wine for information exchange and cooperation on production and trade-related matters associated with wine. The Joint Dialogue shall be composed of government and industry representatives of each Party and shall meet annually unless otherwise decided by the Parties.
I have the honour to propose that this letter and your letter in reply confirming that your Government shares these understandings, which will come into effect on the date on which the Agreement enters into force, shall constitute an integral part of the Agreement.”
I have the honour to confirm that my Government shares these understandings, which shall constitute an integral part of the Agreement.
Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles
Government of India