Submissions and public consultations
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) invited written submissions from individuals and organisations on the potential opportunities and impacts of a free trade agreement (FTA) with Hong Kong. DFAT also undertook stakeholder outreach on the benefits and opportunities that an FTA with Hong Kong might provide, including through consultations with peak organisations. These consultations informed Australia's approach to the negotiations.
Negotiations with Hong Kong on the FTA were concluded on 15 November 2018.
Information on the outcomes of the FTA
Submissions received by DFAT during the negotiation phase of the FTA are listed below.
- Australasian Performing Right Association Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (APRA AMCOS) [PDF 343 KB]
- Australia-China Business Council (ACBC) [PDF 396 KB]
- Australian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (AustCham) [PDF 1.85 MB]
- Australian Fair Trade and Investment Network (AFTINET) [PDF 537 KB]
- Australian Forest Products Association (AFPA) [PDF 542 KB]
- Australian Red Meat Industry [PDF 365 KB]
- Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) [PDF 452 KB]
- CPA Australia [PDF 209 KB]
- King & Wood Mallesons [PDF 140 KB]
- Name withheld [PDF 220 KB]
- University of Wollongong Enterprises (UOWE) [PDF 158 KB]
Copyright and content
Copyright in submissions resides with the author(s), not with the Commonwealth of Australia.
The views expressed in these submissions are the views of the author(s) and should not be understood as reflecting the views of the Commonwealth of Australia, or those of the Australian Government.