About free trade agreements (FTAs)
Look up FTA tariffs and services market access - DFAT FTA Portal
DFAT's FTA Portal is a comprehensive resource for exporters, and importers of goods and service providers looking to explore the benefits of Australia's current free trade agreements and how to apply for preferential treatment under those FTAs.
You can access the FTA Portal at ftaportal.dfat.gov.au.
Discussion paper on potential modernisation of the FTA Portal
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is seeking input on your experiences using the FTA Portal. This will help us assess options for future potential enhancements.
How to use the FTA Portal
Simply search for the type of service or product (or relevant HS code), and the direction of trade and the country you are exporting to or importing from. The FTA Portal will assist you to find:
- information about supplying your services to overseas clients, working overseas to supply services, and establishing an overseas presence to supply services
- whether your product benefits from tariff rate cuts under an FTA
- how to apply for a reduced tariff rate, noting this is not an automatic process but requires your product to meet the 'rules of origin' for the FTA
- how to get a certificate of origin for your goods under the FTA
- useful statistics about the import market for your product in the selected country.
How do I find my product?
You can search for your product in two ways:
- Keyword –simply enter some keywords associated with your product or service and select the most relevant match from the list that appears.
- HS code – this is an internationally recognised product classification code issued by the World Customs Organization under its Harmonised Commodity Description and Coding System. An HS code uniquely identifies the type of good you are exporting.
Access DFAT's FTA Portal at ftaportal.dfat.gov.au. No registration is required.
View the video guide to the FTA Portal.