Included through Sport
- Sector: Sporting Sector
- Country location: Australia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Qatar, Oman, Palestinian Territories
- Grantee: Sport Inclusion Australia
The Included through sport project will be developed and delivered by Sport Inclusion Australia in partnership with the Asian Paralympic Committee, United Arab Emirates Paralympic Committee and Dubai Club for People of Determination based in Dubai.
The program builds awareness of the options and opportunities for people with intellectual impairment across all Arab speaking nations. The program provides resources for Nations to start, continue and grow their development in this vital area and reinforces the health, social and economic benefits that inclusive sport provides to participants. The opportunities that representative pathways in sport provide for meaningful and impactful bilateral engagement.
Through Sport, no one will be left behind. Active engagement in sport for all supports many of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
April 2023 – April 2024
In the field
- @sportinclusionaustralia #IncludedThroughSport #LeaveNoOneBehind Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Linkedin
- Council for Australia-Arab Relations grant offer: $45,000
- Total project value: $57,000