Exports of Primary and Manufactured Products Australia 2008-09
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade released today the publication Exports of Primary and Manufactured Products, Australia 2008-09.
The publication analyses trade data on Australian-produced merchandise exports by level of processing for Fiscal Year 2008-09.
Key points are as follows:
- The value of Australian-produced merchandise exports rose by 28 per cent in 2008-09, to nearly $223 billion
- driven by a strong rise in exports of primary products (up 42 per cent).
- Australian-produced exports accounted for 97 per cent of all Australian exports.
- The principal Australian produced exports in 2008-09 included
- resources such as coal, iron ore and gold
- agricultural commodities (beef, veal and wheat).
Exports of Primary and Manufactured Products is part of a series published each year by DFAT, providing a valuable account of Australia's international trade in goods and services.
DFAT also offers a customised consultancy service, producing reports tailored to specific requirements. For further information please contact (02) 6261 3114, fax (02) 6261 3321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The analyses and tables from the publications are placed on the DFAT website. Hard copy orders can also be placed at this site.
- DFAT Media Liaison - 02 6261 1555