Update on DFAT’s aid procurement pipeline 2018
It is DFAT's intention to give the market sufficient information as early as possible to tender for DFAT aid opportunities. Typically this is done by posting pre tender information on DFAT's website and through blogging to the DFAT Suppliers Network on LinkedIn, before formal release of the tender via AusTender. DFAT also provides status updates of current tender processes online. DFAT's Annual Procurement Plan is also listed on AusTender.
Elsewhere on DFAT's website there will be opportunities for grant projects, including:
DFAT is always looking to enhance the way it does business with its partners. The Doing Business with DFAT Guide describes DFAT procurement, outlines how to pursue business opportunities, and offers hints and tips on tendering for DFAT procurements.
Please note DFAT also posts presentations from past supplier events online.
Procurement pipeline 2018
All planned procurements are subject to revision, withdrawal or cancellation. Information about planned procurements is provided for planning purposes only and it does not represent a solicitation or constitute a request for proposal, nor is it a commitment by the Government to purchase the described goods or services. All planned procurements are subject to Australian and partner government policy and approvals processes.
DFAT will likely release the following RFT's in 2018. Note this is not an exhaustive list of tenders planned in 2018, but a list of those most likely to come soon in 2018. It is DFAT's intention to provide advanced information to the market for all possible tenders. Accordingly, for possible tenders below that do not yet have further information, it is DFAT's intention to publish information as early as possible ahead of any actual tender release.
- Workforce Development Program Timor-Leste: likely tender in August/September 2018 for a design-implement contract. Review of current program is pending approval.
- Combatting Human Trafficking in ASEAN Program: likely tender in April
- DFAT 168, Pacific Horticultural and Agricultural Market Access (PHAMA): likely one step tender in May, design is pending approval
- DFAT 112, Papua New Guinea Economic and Social Infrastructure Program: design is approved (with minor changes from internet version published 31 October) and DFAT is drafting tender documents
- DFAT 88, Philippines Public Financial Management Program: likely tender in May/June, design is pending approval
- Vanuatu Education Program: likely tender in July, design is pending approval
- Australia – Indo Health Security partnership: likely tender in July/August, in design
- Australia Indonesia Partnership for Disaster Risk Reduction: likely tender in September, in design
- Australia Pacific Security College: in design, design is considering budget, and delivery partner requirements as partner will likely need sophisticated understanding of Australia's security and intelligence community
- Vanuatu Health Program: design is pending approval
- Vanuatu Roads Program: design is pending approval
- DFAT 83, Aus4Water: design is pending approval
- DFAT 114, Papua New Guinea Health, and Papua New Guinea Education: in design, design is considering budget, and options of combining or separate programs