Design Document: Australia Pacific Climate Change Action Program Support Unit
The Design Document for the Australia Pacific Climate Change Action Program (APCCAP) Support Unit is provided for information to the market, prospective tenderers and suppliers with regard to an upcoming procurement.
This Program is in the environment and climate change sector and seeks to increase the effectiveness of Australia's support for climate change action and disaster resilience in the Pacific. APCCAP builds on long running climate change and disaster information programs and draws on established regional and international knowledge about effective climate mitigation, adaptation and broader disaster resilience.
The goal of APCCAP is to achieve climate and disaster resilient development in the Pacific through the following objectives:
- Australian aid investments in Pacific are climate and disaster risk informed;
- Australian supported climate change information is relevant and influential; and
- Australia is valued as a partner in climate change action in the Pacific.
The APCCAP comprises the following budgeted activities:
- Support unit for bilateral and regional program engagement
- Climate and resilience decision support services
- All hazards inclusion in disaster and climate resilient development
- Gender and social inclusion
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Climate information services
- Climate governance
- Funding the Secretariat for the Pacific Regional Environment Program (SPREP)
With an investment budget of AUD22.6 million over four years from 2018 to 2022, program activities one to five will be delivered by the Support Unit. Program activities six to eight will be delivered by other partners. APCCAP will also support learning, communication and coordination across the suite of investments and be flexible to meet emerging policy priorities.
- Design Document – Australia Pacific Climate Change Action Program [PDF 1.46MB]
- Design Document – Australia Pacific Climate Change Action Program [Word 250KB]
This Design Document is released with a planned Request for Tender (RFT) in December 2017, as detailed in the DFAT Annual Procurement Plan (APP) on AusTender website (https://www.tenders.gov.au).
It is expected that an organization, a joint venture or a consortium of organisations will be required to manage the program to deliver the expected outcomes.
If you have any questions or comments, please send them to APCCAP@DFAT.gov.au.
This information is provided for planning purposes only and it does not represent solicitation or constitute a request for proposal, nor is it a commitment to purchase or tender for the described services. The scale, scope and focus of the proposed investment may change at any time and is subject to formal approval by the Australian Government before a tender process will commence. This potential procurement opportunity is subject to delays, revision or cancellation.