Australia Pavilion Partnerships – Expo 2025 Osaka Expressions of Interest Guidance Note
This is a call for expressions of interest from corporate organisations who are interested in supporting and participating in Expo 2025 Osaka as partners (sponsors) of the Australian Pavilion. Partners provide cash or value-in-kind contributions (goods or services free-of-charge) to the Australian Pavilion in return for benefits during the Expo.
Please note that this not a grant application, or a procurement opportunity. Any procurements related to Australia's participation at Expo will be advertised on AusTender (tenders.gov.au)
Expo 2025 Osaka
Australia will participate in the World Expo 2025 (the Expo) in Osaka, Japan, to deepen Australia's relationship with Japan, create new opportunities for Australia and project a modern Australia to the world.
- The Australian Pavilion is looking for extraordinary organisations with a presence in Japan, or who are working to enter the market, to shine on the world stage at Expo 2025 Osaka, through the Australian Pavilion Partnerships (sponsorship) Program. Please read Australian Pavilion Partnership Opportunities in conjunction with this guidance.
This is an exceptional opportunity for Australian businesses to promote Australian products and/or services in Japan and across a global platform.
We are seeking partners aligned with Japan's Expo themes and Australia's priority programming pillars and cross-cutting themes. Japan's core theme is ‘Designing Future Society for our Lives', and its sub themes are ‘Saving Lives', ‘Connecting Lives' and ‘Empowering Lives'. Australia's pavilion is located in the Connecting Lives zone of the Expo site. Japan will also focus on decarbonisation, clean energy and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals throughout Expo.
How to express an interest in partnering with the Australian Pavilion
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from businesses looking to invest in value-in-kind or cash partnerships with the Australian Pavilion. Value-in-kind contributions include products or services provided to the Australian pavilion free-of-charge, to enhance Australia's presence at Expo. In return Australian Pavilion partners receive benefits at the Expo for their contributions.
Partnership benefits are scaled according to the investment tier and shaped around three streams:
- Relationship building, networking and business development opportunities through hosting your own special events and corporate hospitality in the Australian Pavilion
- Invitations to VIP events at the Australian Pavilion, with influential guests
- Brand exposure and public relations, in Japan, through Expo platforms and in Australia.
Australian Pavilion partnerships are structured according to five investment tiers. (The investment may be cash or value in kind goods or services.)
- Official providers (goods/services valued at between $50,000 to $249,999)
- *In return for the value-in-kind contribution of $249,999+, official providers will receive benefits associated with the bronze to platinum partnership packages.
- Bronze partners (cash investment or goods/services valued at more than $250,000)
- Silver partners (cash investment or goods/services valued at more than $500,000)
- Gold partners (cash investment or goods/services valued at more than $1,000,000)
- Platinum partners (cash investment or goods/services valued at more than $2,000,000)
Further details on each of the investment tiers and partnership benefits and opportunities are available in the Australia Pavilion Partnership Opportunities prospectus.
Goods and services provided by Official Providers should enhance Australia's presence at Expo. We have developed broad categories in which businesses may wish to provide goods or services as official providers or partners. Please note, this is not an exclusive list, and we welcome additional proposals.
Construction, fit-out, landscaping, building services, furniture, fittings and equipment
- Interior finishes, signage, graphics and joinery
- Furniture (indoor and outdoor) and soft furnishings
- Building services infrastructure and equipment
- General appliances and equipment
- A/V systems and equipment
- Security systems and equipment
- Waste management solutions
- Landscaping, plants and trees
- Hospitality supplies and consumables
- Passport stamping station (bespoke design)
- People counting systems
- Stage for four people seated, lectern (VIP function room)
- Staff intercom/radios
- Artworks and sculptures
Food and beverage (public cafe + VIP areas)
- Design a menu item, hero dish, cocktail, non-alcoholic cocktail (provide a core ingredient – e.g., protein, fruit, veg)
- Core product e.g., coffee, milk/alternative milk, protein, bush foods
- Alcoholic beverages - functions
- Non-alcoholic beverages - functions
- Beer or wine experience – public eateries
- Gourmet picnic items (VIP pack back)
- Standalone food cart e.g. ice-cream
VIP gifts – speakers and official international delegations
- Designed items
- Content creation, including graphics, AV footage, soundscape, images
- Backpacks (VIPs)
- Hats/visors – all visitors
- Gift pack/show bag for school visitors
How to apply
Businesses interested in becoming partners of the Australian Pavilion, should complete an online Expression of Interest using the online form.
All information will be assessed according to a set of criteria, including:
- Consistency with Australia’s objectives for Expo
- Consistency with Expo 2025 Osaka themes, sub themes and theme weeks, Australia’s programming pillars for Expo and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Trade and investment and/or people-to-people linkages with Japan or a strategy and capability to enter the market
- Company reputation enhances Australia’s participation at Expo 2025 Osaka
- Suitability and timely delivery of offering for value-in-kind contributions
- Willingness to work with the Australian Government to promote Australia’s strengths in key sectors and capabilities for the bilateral relationship.
EOIs will remain open until 31 December 2024*. Responses to the Expression of Interest will be assessed progressively to meet project timelines. This may result in a value-in-kind opportunity no longer being available in an advertised category (early applications are encouraged). There are limitations surrounding the types of construction, fit-out, landscaping, building services and equipment that can be provided, proposals should be discussed with DFAT prior to submitting an EOI. Please connect with us if you have any further questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The first round of expressions of interest for Australian Pavilion construction, furniture, fit-out, landscaping, building services, furniture, fittings and equipment will close in late 2023. Please contact email@example.com for more information on the closing date.