The Airport Economist Middle East TV series
- Sector: Economic Diplomacy, Trade, Business
- Country location: Australia, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Morocco
- Grantee: Mr Tim Harcourt
The Airport Economist TV series is a magazine style TV show which serves as a practical guide to doing business around the world. The Airport Economist unlocks the mysteries of doing business in different markets across the world and provides experts who can comment on the economy, foreign diplomacy, trade, regulation and event cultural nuances when doing business in a foreign country. The show combines "Big Picture" economics and diplomacy with practical advice for businesses. The host, Tim Harcourt will fly to key markets in the Middle East and interview experts on how to do business in the region – including ambassadors, trade commissioners, economists, business leaders, educators, NGOs and follow some Australian SMEs and service providers on their journey around the region.
- Outreach commencing March 2019
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi October 2019
- Council for Australian-Arab Relations grant offer: $25,000.
- Total project value: $300,000.