Cerebral Palsy: Sharing knowledge through soccer between Australia and Jordan
- Sector: Health
- Country location: Australia, Jordan
- Grantee: Curtin University
Curtin University's overarching goal of the program is to establish collaboration, through sport in order to share knowledge for health improvement in Cerebral Palsy (CP) through soccer. The focus of the exchange program would be to have academic staff from Curtin University and Edith Cowan University visiting Hashemite University in Jordan promoting soccer to improve health outcomes in CP, and sports science through workshop presentations.
A major focus of the exchange program would be to use knowledge gained from recent research at Curtin University to promote soccer participation for individuals with CP given the demonstrated health benefits. The program will also invite from two staff from each of these universities to learn more about sports science and establish ongoing collaboration including research projects.
- Visit – Jordan Presentations, staff, university students, public: HU Zarqa, Jordan, 26 – 28 October 2019
- Visit – Curtin University, staff, university students, public: Western Australia, 17 – 21 November 2019
- Visit – Jordan Presentations, Olympic Committee athletes, staff: JOC Amman, Jordan, 29 – 31 October 2019
- Council for Australian-Arab Relations grant offer: $20,000.
- Total project value: $100,000.