Adelaide Film Festival 2017
- Sector: Building Cultural Understanding / Society and Culture
- Country location: Australia
- Grantee: Adelaide Film Festival
The Adelaide Film Fest, 5-15 October 2017, is thrilled to welcome Ms Hania Mroue to Adelaide. Ms Mroue will sit on the Flinders University Documentary Competition Jury.
Hania Mroué is the founder and director of Metropolis Art Cinema, the only art-house movie theatre in Lebanon today, dedicated to auteur films from all genres and eras. Since its opening in 2006, Metropolis has been privileged to host, yearly, the rerun of the official selection of La Semaine de la Critique, Cannes. In 2009 she started MC Distribution, a company dedicated to distributing and selling Arab and International auteur films in the MENA region. Hania is also a founding member of the cinema association Beirut DC and was for ten years (2001-2010) the managing director of its Arab Film Festival, Ayam Beirut al Cinema'iya (Cinema days of Beirut). She worked as Chief Programmer for the Doha Tribeca Film Festival where she was in charge of the festival's Arab Competition, in addition to DFI's year round initiatives. She has been a jury member of the Robert Bosch Stiftung's Arab Film Prize since 2013.
- Adelaide Film Festival, Adelaide, 05 October 2017 to 15 October 2017
- Festival Launch - GU Arthouse Cinemas, 128 Hindley St, Adelaide, 29 August 2017
- Council for Australian-Arab Relations grant offer: $4,850.
- Total project value: $14,700.