Japan Update 2017
Sector: Economic Diplomacy and Geopolitics
Country location: Australia
Grantee: Australian National University - Australia-Japan Research Centre
The Australia-Japan Research Centre and the ANU Japan Institute will once again co-host the annual Japan Update on 6 September 2017.
The Japan Update provides an overview of recent developments in Japan's social, economic and political landscape, as well as a forecast on future directions. The 2017 Update is themed 'Seeking new directions' and will feature a focus on innovation.
Prominent Australian and Japanese scholars and analysts will share their insights and latest research on Japan, including:
- Dr Toshitaka Sekine, Director-General of the Research and Statistics Department, Bank of Japan
- Professor Fumiaki Kubo, University of Tokyo and Senior Fellow at The Tokyo Foundation
- Associate Professor Nobuhiro Aizawa, Kyushu University
- Dr Shiro Armstrong, Co-Director of the Australia-Japan Research Centre, ANU
- Professor Ippei Fujiwara, Co-Director of the Australia-Japan Research Centre, ANU
- Professor Jenny Corbett, Director, ANU Japan Institute
- Emeritus Professor Peter Drysdale, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research, Crawford School of Public Policy
The Japan Update is also supported by the Japan Foundation, Sydney; and the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific. Registration is free and essential.
Key dates: Japan Update 2017 conference, Finkel Theatre, John Curtin School of Medical Research, ANU, 06 September 2017
Social media: https://ajrc.crawford.anu.edu.au
Australia-Japan Foundation grant offer: $22,000.00 (GST inclusive)
Total project value: $108,100.00