Australia-Japan Science Diplomacy & Public Policy Forums
Sector: Scientific Innovation
Country location: Japan
Grantee: Australian National University - ANU Japan Institute
The Australian National University and the University of Tokyo will collaborate to lead and deliver two forums in Japan (Tokyo and Osaka) in 2018, focused on science diplomacy and public policy.
The forums will bring together researchers, the public sector and business community to provide updates on a range of global issues that require public policy responses and where scientific collaboration would provide better informed policy and innovative solutions. Those areas include, among other topics, energy policy, climate change and the environment, ageing and public health.
The forums will be platforms for facilitating links between scientific research, business-university relationships and the development of strong evidence-based public policy.
- Tokyo Forum, University of Tokyo, date to be confirmed
- Osaka Forum, venue and date to be confirmed
- Exhibition, Active Lab space (Osaka Knowledge Capital precinct), dates to be confirmed
- Twitter: ANU Asia Pacific
- Facebook: ANU Asia Pacific
- ANU Youtube channel
- Instagram: ANU Asia Pacific
Australia-Japan Foundation grant offer: $66,000.00 (GST inclusive)
Total project value: $92,130.00