Making Connections: Indigenous Australian Writers in Indonesia & Beyond
Sector: Arts and Culture
Country location: Indonesia, Australia
Participating countries: Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Grantee: Asia Pacific Writers and Translators Inc.
Asia Pacific Writers and Translators will take three Indigenous Australian writers as a panel to the ASEAN literary festival in Jakarta and if possible onto Makassar Writers Festival, a port city on eastern Indonesia's Sulawesi Island, as a way to introduce the lesser heard Australian narratives to those in the ASEAN region. Reciprocally three indigenous and minority writers from Indonesia and other countries in South-East Asia will be APWT's guests during our annual event in Brisbane in 2018.
- ASEAN literary Festival, Jakarta, 04 - 07 May 2017
- Panels and presentations at universities in Jakarta, 08 - 13 May 2017
- Makasaar Literary Festival's program, Makassar, 17 - 20 May 2017
- APWT Annual Program, Bali, 22 - 24 September 2017
- APWT Annual Program, Brisbane, 26 - 28 October 2018
Australia-ASEAN Council grant: $17,050 including GST
Total project value: $39,500