Australian Thai Youth Ambassadors Program
Country location: Australia, Thailand
Grantee: Miss Angelica Casado
The Australian Thai Youth Ambassadors Program is a four week program for Australian university students to volunteer their skills in Northeast Thailand and gain a deeper understanding of the Thai culture, traditions and its people. The core focus of the program is teaching underprivileged students English through a range of English
activities including phonetics, pronunciation and fun games. The program also teaches
Thai students about Australian flora and fauna as well as singing songs.
The program also enables participants to develop their leadership and networking skills
through a range of events including diplomatic visits to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and
the Australian Embassy.
- Fundraising Night, 'Spice I Am', 1 November 2016
- BSS x ATYAP information night, UTS, 1 - 8 September 2016
- Pre-departure workshops, UTS, 1 - 31 December 2016
- ATYAP reunion, Spice I am, 24 February 2017
- ATYAP Program, Thailand, 10 January 2017 to 13 February 2017
Australia-ASEAN Council grant offer: $6,000 (NO GST included)
Total project value: $20,000