Submissions on a new international development policy
As part of the public consultation process for a new international development policy, the Government released a call for public submissions in 2019.
Thank you to everyone who contributed their views and ideas on the future of Australia’s international development cooperation. This input was considered in the development of Partnerships for Recovery: Australia’s COVID-19 Development Response.
You can find the written public submissions below. Further submissions will be progressively uploaded as they are reviewed.
We have also made available the submissions publication proces.
- Abt Associates [PDF 638 KB]
- ASHM International [PDF 309 KB]
- Australia Papua New Guinea Business Council, Australia Fiji Business Council and Australia Pacific Islands Business Council [PDF 239 KB]
- Australian and New Zealand Gastroenterology International Training Association [PDF 568 KB]
- Australian Baptist Ministries [PDF 213 KB]
- Australian Council for International Development
- Australian Council for International Development - Education
- Australian Council for International Development - Humanitarian Reference Group
- Australian Council for International Development - Performance Framework
- Australian Himalayan Foundation [PDF 121 KB]
- Australian Institute of Marine Science [PDF 147 KB]
- Australian Red Cross
- Australian Sustainable Finance Initiative [PDF 445 KB]
- Business Council of Co-operatives and Mutuals
- Childfund Australia [PDF 666 KB]
- Chris Gardiner, Institute for Regional Security [PDF 585 KB]
- Church Agencies Network [PDF 288 KB]
- Commission for International Agricultural Research [PDF 302 KB]
- Compass Housing [PDF 680 KB]
- Consultative Group to Assist the Poor, World Bank [PDF 220 KB]
- Danny Kozak
- d'Arcy Lunn [PDF 419 KB]
- Don Owers [PDF 442 KB]
- Dr Abu Sayem [PDF 243 KB]
- Dr Rob Taylor [PDF 245 KB]
- Dr Tony Fischer [PDF 611 KB]
- EAROPH Australia [PDF 379 KB]
- eWater [PDF 721KB]
- Faethm [PDF 170 KB]
- Global Development Group [PDF 629 KB]
- Global Mission Partners [PDF 757 KB]
- GSMA [PDF 403 KB]
- Hayden Wilkinson
- Indonesia’s Minister for National Development Planning and Head of National Development Planning Agency Suharso Monoarfa [PDF 3.7 MB]
- Indonesia’s Vice President Ma'ruf Amin [PDF 2.6 MB]
- Jacinta Zylstra [PDF 37 KB]
- Joao Jose Carolino Madeira dos Marties [PDF 334 KB]
- John Baker, Denis Blight, James Ingram, Richard Manning, Peter McCawley and Tim Terrell [PDF 77 KB]
- Jon Cook [PDF 240 KB]
- Micah Australia [PDF 295 KB]
- Ninti One Limited
- Nusa Tenggara Association [PDF 222 KB]
- Peter Callan [PDF 253 KB]
- Peter S Carberry, John Dixon and Brian Keating [PDF 399 KB]
- Professor Tim Lindsey [PDF 472 KB]
- Publish What You Pay Australia, ActionAid [PDF 188 KB]
- Ray Johnson [PDF 652 KB]
- The Crawford Fund [PDF 766 KB]
- Towards Zero Foundation [PDF 541 KB]
- Uniting Church in Australia [PDF 278 KB]
- Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine [PDF 268 KB]
- Vision 2020 Australia [PDF 327 KB]
- World Vision Australia [PDF 412 KB]
A submission is identified as 'Anonymous' where the contributor has asked that their name not be published.
The development policy taskforce exercised discretion in publication where submissions were not deemed appropriate or relevant.
The content of some submissions has been redacted to remove:
- personal or identifying details other than the contributor's name;
- the contributor's name where they have asked for anonymity; or
- offensive content that did not support international development policy dialogue.
Submissions were treated as campaign submissions where five or more submissions used similar language to discuss the same issues.
Copyright and content
Copyright in submissions resides with the author(s), not with the Australian Government.
The views expressed in these submissions are the views of the author(s) and should not be understood as reflecting the views of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Submissions were provided to the department in a range of formats. All submissions have been published in a common portable document format [PDF].