Australia in India
- Capital: New Delhi
- Land area: 2,973,190 sq km
- Official language(s): Hindi, English
- Population: 1.3 billion (2015)
- Currency: Indian rupee
- Head of State: President HE Mr Pranab Mukherjee
- Head of Government: Prime Minister The Hon Mr Narendra Modi
DFAT in India:
- Australian High Commission New Delhi
- Australian Consulate-General Mumbai
- Australian Consulate-General Chennai
Austrade in India:
- New Delhi
Rajasthan has a sister-state agreement with South Australia.
Andhra Pradesh has a sister-state relationship with Western Australia.
NSW has Memorandums of Understanding with the states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
Western Australia has a state office in Mumbai.
TIQ has an office in Bangalore.
- Around 20 per cent of the world's working-age population will live in India by 2025.
- A record 260 000 Indians visited Australia in 2016.
- More than 60 000 Indian students study in Australia.
|Economic indicators (a)||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016|
|GDP (US$b) (current prices)||1,823.0||1,829.0||1,863.2||2,042.6||2,073.0||2,251.0|
|GDP per capita (US$)||1,497.4||1,471.4||1,479.5||1,600.9||1,603.6||1,718.7|
|GDP PPP (Int'l $b)||5,781.8||6,219.2||6,739.2||7,356.7||7,998.3||8,720.5|
|GDP per capita PPP (Int'l $)||4,749.2||5,003.4||5,351.3||5,765.8||6,187.2||6,658.3|
|Real GDP growth (% change yoy)||6.6||5.6||6.6||7.2||7.6||6.6|
|Current account balance (% GDP)||-4.3||-4.8||-1.7||-1.3||-1.1||-1.4|
|Current account balance (US$b)||-78.2||-87.8||-32.3||-26.8||-22.1||-32.0|
|Inflation (% change yoy)||9.5||9.9||9.4||5.9||4.9||5.5|
|Unemployment (% labour force)||3.5||3.6||3.6||3.6||na||na|