Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development: Roadmap, May 2017
Summary of publication
Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development (Pacific Women) has developed a Roadmap to guide its future investments at the regional and multi-country level. At the bilateral level, Pacific Women investments are guided by country plans, which have been developed in close consultation with local women and men, civil society organisations and national governments.
The newly developed Roadmap:
- Highlights strategic regional and multi-country mechanisms and interventions that can help eliminate harmful social norms and accelerate the achievement of gender equality;
- Identifies priority action areas of work for Pacific Women;
- Provides guidance on maintaining and expanding partnerships in the region; and
- Identifies selection criteria for new regional and multi-country investments.
The Roadmap is based on three Synthesis Reports, which delved deeper into Pacific Women's first three intended outcomes:
- leadership and decision making
- women's economic empowerment, and
- ending violence against women.
These are available on the Pacific Women website.
The Synthesis Reports and the Roadmap were developed through a combination of literature review, stakeholder consultations, and in-depth analysis, and supplement the foundational Pacific Women Design Document. The documents have already begun to guide Pacific Women's work, with the Pacific Women Support Unit now convening a quarterly roundtable on women's economic empowerment to follow up on relevant recommendations.