Changes to names or other details printed on the bio-data page of the passport can only be made by using the full adult application form (PC1 or PC8) and submitting appropriate supporting documents.

Applicants may amend their mailing address, country of birth (e.g. Yugoslavia to Croatia) or spelling of the town/city of birth. The country and town/city of birth may be changed to reflect the details recorded on their full Australian birth certificate or Australian citizenship certificate.

If the applicant was born overseas and the place of birth is not shown on their Australian citizenship certificate, it is acceptable to use the applicant’s full foreign birth certificate (with an English translation where necessary), which states the proper birth place of the applicant. No other amendments to personal details are permitted using the renewal form (PC7).

See also ‘ Place of birth and gender in passport ’.