Ineligible for priority processing
Applications that do not qualify for PPF
In view of their complex nature, priority processing is not offered or accepted for:
- Children’s applications where full parental consent has not been obtained.
Note: once the Approved Senior Officer has approved the issue of a travel document to a child where both parental consents have not been obtained the lodging parent may be offered the priority processing option.
- Applications where the required proof of identity combination 3 is used or where the approved proof of identity combinations cannot be met.
- Indeterminate sex applications - see ‘ ’.
- Applicants who have had three or more passports issued in three or more different names in the last three years.
- Applications for a Certificate of Identity (COI) or Convention Travel Document (CTD) - see ‘ COI and CTD priority processing ’.
COI and CTD priority processing
No priority processing fee is to be accepted for an application for a COI or CTD (PC5 form) at interview. In the case of an emergency issue of a COI/CTD any expedited processing must have prior approval from a senior officer and only in exceptional circumstances where the applicant can prove that there is a genuine need for urgent travel (i.e. death/serious illness of an immediate family member).
The client must provide documentary evidence to support their claim (i.e. a letter from a doctor/hospital).
In all such cases a PPF is chargeable once urgent processing is approved.