The PC4 and PC8 application forms stipulate that certain supporting documents are required for child passports.
All child applications must be checked by the interviewer to ensure that the following is provided:
- Evidence of the child’s identity and Australian citizenship, see ‘ Lodging and accepting an application at interview ’, ‘ Identity ’ and ‘ Citizenship ’.
- An original full birth certificate (Australian or foreign) must be submitted on each occasion to establish parental responsibility.
- Further documentation may be required to support an application where a child has been adopted, see ‘ Adoption in Australia ’ and ‘ Adoption overseas ’.
- Appropriate declaration forms (e.g. B6, B7, B8, B9 or B11) have been completed and included with the application where required.
- If required, English translations of foreign supporting documents is provided. See ‘ Foreign language documents - translations ’.
See also ‘ Lodging and accepting an application at interview ’.