- For first time passport applications, applicants should present:
- their Australian citizenship certificate
- overseas birth certificate
- an ‘Information Letter’ provided on State or Territory central authority letterhead including details of the child’s name, birth date and parents’ full names (if available)
- evidence of parental responsibility (for example, an adoption compliance certificate, adoption registration certificate; birth Notarial certificate and adoptions Notarial certificate)
- an official translation of overseas adoption documentation from the relevant Central Authority (foreign adoption agency) or NAATI or an Australian diplomatic or consular post/DIAC approved translation service.