56 Critchley to Department of External Affairs
Cablegram K62 BATAVIA, 11 February 1948, 6.20 p.m.
Your telegram 27.  Parties have agreed that in addition to the Conference there will be four main committees dealing with:
(a) Political Affairs.
(b) Military Affairs.
(c) Economic and Financial Affairs.
(d) Social and administration affairs. 
2. The Committee  with agreement of the parties will endeavour to be represented at all meetings of the main committees by one member of each delegation, the chairman of the Good Offices Committee or his representative will chair the main committees.
3. A draft[ing] committee will be set up and a steering committee consisting of the Committee of Good Offices and two representatives of each delegation [has already been established].
 It will be a function of the steering committee to ensure that, as far as possible, the meetings of the main committees are not held simultaneously.
4. The Committee will not be represented on the sub-committee[s] but may send representatives when important matters are being discussed.
5. Belgian and United States representatives are planning on the basis that, apart from clerical help, they will require at least two senior assistants. For the time being Cutts and myself are adequate but if the work progresses as planned an additional officer will be needed.
6. Please advise if arrangements can be made for Moore's return.
Any information about movements of Australian aircraft would be relevant.