495 Massey to Department of External Affairs
Cablegram 742 SINGAPORE, 29 December 1948, 5.21 p.m.
Following is text of instructions to its Delegation at Security Council sent by Indonesian Emergency Government.
The R.I. Emergency Government is prepared to issue a cease-fire order to her Armed Forces and resume negotiations with the Dutch on the following conditions- 1. Members of the R.I. Government and other Indonesian leaders arrested by the Dutch troops have to be released immediately.
2. Dutch troops have to be withdrawn to pre 19th December status quo lines.
3. Unconditional recognition de facto and de jure by the Dutch of the R.I.
Government in Java and Sumatra.
4. Establishment of a free, independent and sovereign state of Indonesia comprising the former territories of the N.E.I. by the Indonesian people themselves without any interference from the Dutch.
5. Withdrawal of Dutch Armed Forces from the whole of Indonesia in the shortest possible time on condition that by the time a free, independent and sovereign state of Indonesia has been established all Dutch Armed Forces have been withdrawn from Indonesia.
6. Dutch economic interests will receive proper attention.