Why can't we face the withdrawal issue squarely.
2. The Consular Commission has satisfied itself that Dutch mopping up was  responsible for breaches of the cease fire order.
3. Eaton has said that complete retirement of both sides is necessary to attain cessation of hostilities.
4. We know that the Dutch police action constituted a breach of the United Nations Charter.
5. Notwithstanding all this a Soviet Resolution for withdrawal is opposed. If we are pinning our faith on the C. of 3 recommending withdrawal is [it] not a flimsy hope to expect the Belgian and U.S. representatives to agree? 6. The Soviet Union, Poland and Syria and Colombia seem to favour withdrawal.
7. I suggest a resolution proposing withdrawal of Dutch to Batavia and Indonesians to Djokja[karta] with a United Nations supervision of disputed areas might gain support required. 
8. Telegram attached.