293 Australian Delegation, United Nations, to Department of External Affairs
Cablegram UN949 NEW YORK, 8 December 1946, 8.08 p.m.
(1) Your UN[Y]466  and our Assembly 354  and 360.  Immediate action has been taken and was indeed in hand before receipt of your instructions.
(2) Bailey has twice seen Dulles during Saturday and impressed the Australian views on him.
(3) We attended further meeting of British Commonwealth representatives Saturday evening and again strongly stated Australian views.
(4) No further conversations are taking place between Dulles and Novikov. The Soviet Delegation is considering the suggestion referred to in paragraph 2 of Assembly 360 and may have referred it to Moscow. When they reply, or perhaps earlier, the whole matter will be resumed in the Subcommittee. Dulles appreciates objections to informal conversations and intends to bring the matter back to the Subcommittee on Monday morning.
(5) We will immediately advise further developments.