On 10 October, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade will hold an ICT Industry Briefing to outline its five-year International Communications Network (ICN) Program to modernise its core ICT systems and infrastructure.
DFAT's global communications network is a strategic asset for the Australian Government, linking its business operations at over 140 sites across the globe. It is critical for supporting Australian Government services, such as consular services, passports and visas, as well as the Australian Government's domestic and international policy objectives, particularly in the field of national security.
The ICN Program will allow DFAT to deliver a more secure, reliable and cost-effective global communications network to meet rapidly evolving business technology needs of the Department and over 45 client agencies across the Australian Government.
In addition to outlining the ICN Program, the briefing will provide industry a more detailed overview of the procurement process in relation to the Approach to Market (ATM) for the Wide Area Network Services contract, which is due for release by the first quarter of 2014.
The briefing, led by DFAT's Chief Information Officer, Mr Tuan Dao, will be held at Realm Hotel, 18 National Circuit Barton ACT on 10 October from 8.30am until 10.30am for media and vendors and until 12pm for vendors only.
Attendees should pre-register via the link: http://www.dfat.gov.au/ict-industry-briefing.
Further information on registering for the briefing can be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media enquiries: DFAT Media Liaison 02 6261 1555
To access the Pre-Release Notice about the ICT Industry Briefing on AusTender, go to https://www.tenders.gov.au and follow the instructions outlined below:
- Click “Advance Search” hyperlink (located Top Right hand corner).
- Under the ATMs sub heading in the middle of the page, tick the box next to “Pre Release Notices”.
- Under the Agency sub heading in the middle of the page, select the radio button next to “Select an Agency”.
- Click the down arrow in the blank field under “Select an Agency”.
- From the drop down menu select “Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade”.
- Click “Proceed to step 2” button. This will take you to a second “Advance Search” screen.
- DO NOT add any information on this page – just click the “Search” button at the bottom of the page. This will display all DFAT’s Pre Release Notices.